It's here! I've finally published my first Windows Phone 7 App. If you're a previous reader of my blog, you may have noticed that I'm avid XBMC supporter. I run XBMC on several machines in my house including a Linux based HTPC and on Apple TV devices throughout my house. My company recently started piloting Windows Phone 7 devices and I wasn't happy with the XBMC remotes that were on the market (or their price!) so I decided to write my own.
Check out XBMC Remote on the Marketplace (the one by BoshDirect). The app includes a fully-functional 15 day trial and is the lowest priced XBMC remote on the market at $1.49
- View and search movie library and select for playback
- View and search albums and artists and select songs
- View and select TV shows, seasons, and episodes
- Remote control your XBMC
- View movie, tv, and music artwork (fanart, posters, album covers)
*Sorry for the low-framerate video - I need to re-record it on a better computer.
Note that XBMC Remote is a libary browser and remote control. It does not stream videos or music to your phone.
- Requires XBMC Dharma (10.0).
- Tested with Pre 11 (Eden) -- subject to change
- Movies, Albums, Artists, and TV shows are cached to device for fast viewing and searching
- Initial movie, music, and TV viewing and remote control functionality
- Panorama view for movies
- TV Show Wide Banner view
- Artwork cached to device for fast viewing (on second load)