Another Old Content Update. I'm not hosting the Automatic Removal Tool anymore, so who knows when the link will expire.
Realphx / TalkStocks ( AIM Virus ) Removal Instructions / Tools:
These may have appeared in your profile if you have been infected:
"Whoa....look what I found, click here"
"I can't believe I found 'yourScreenName' Picture here"
Manual Removal Instructions:
- Press the CTRL, ALT, and DEL keys at the same time to bring up the task manager.
- Click on the processes tab (windows 2000/XP), and find 'b.exe', 'bbb.exe' or 'av.exe' and kill the process.
- Go to C:\Windows\ and delete 'b.exe' and 'bbb.exe' or 'av.exe' (or do a search for the virus: click Start > Search > look up each virus individually) Delete these when you find them.
- Click Start, then click on Run, type in "Msconfig" in the box and press ENTER.. When the box comes up, click on the "startup" tab and look for "b.exe" or "av.exe" listed (possibly listed under"antivirus") then uncheck the box to the left. (Windows 98/XP only)
- Clear your profile (or make a new one) and restart.
- When the msconfig box comes up after restart just check the box telling it not to come up again.