As some of you may have noticed, I've recently added a search box to the top of the site. This is a default module in joomla, but the template I'm using didn't have support for a search bar right out of the box. This blog post describes how I added the modified the WR_Futilus_Situs theme so it would have a search box that looked like it fit in.
At a high level, the steps involve:
- Enabling the search module and setting it up
- Modifying the theme's index.php file to include the search box
And here are the details:
Setting up the module:
- Enter the Joomla Administration page.
- Click Modules > Site Modules
- Click on the Module named "Search" (of type "mod_search")
- Make sure the item is published by clicking the appropriate radio box.
- And change the Position Drop Down box to position User8
- Click save at the top
Modifying the index.php file:
- FTP into your server
- Access the joomla_home/templates/wr_futilus_situs folder
- Download the file index.php (from the above folder) for editing
- Find the section called <!-- START: SUCKERFISH -->
- Below : <div id="nav">
<?php mosShowListMenu($menu_name); ?>
Insert: <div style="padding-top: 5px;" align=right>
<?php mosLoadModules ( 'user8', -1 ); ?>
- Save the file and upload it via FTP
- You are DONE!