Categories
Tech

Test Article for 1.5

This is a test of the 1.5 url rerouting with sh404sef. This is the first test with the new Joomla 1.5 content editor from the front-end of the website.

I’ve had to fix quite a few things and migrate to some new components, but it really hasn’t been that bad.

The biggest issue was that mxComment has issues with sh404sef (and Joomla 1.5 URLs in general). I decided to download JomComment to see if it had any issues with 1.5 and it works like a charm. I should also note that JomComment recently added support for the import of comments from MxComment, which made the transition a breeze.

Categories
Tech

Gallery2 Joomla Bridge – Search

In case you haven't read my other posts about search engine optimization, I've been on an SEO kick lately.  I've renamed all my images in the photo gallery so they all have some context now.  Google indexes galleries, but the next step was to be able to search the images from within my own site.  I installed the gallery2 search mambot plugin for joomla, but it wasn't doing anything.  Here's what I did to get it working.

  1. Install the mambot
    -Administrator Backend: Installers > Mambots
  2. Enable the mambot
    -This is the part I was somehow forgetting, but it's critical
    1. Admin Backend: Mambots > Site Mambots
    2. Click the X icon next to the Gallery2 Search mambot to publish it
  3. Change some code that comes default with the Jan 6 release:
    -Go to the searchbot PHP file
    mambots/search/gallery2.searchbot.php

    Look for the code around line 63 like this:
       $info->created = utility::g2DateToMambo($time);

    Change it to this:
      $info->created = utility::formatdate($time);