Categories
Tech

Google Spellcheck

Sorry, but I gotta make another techy blog post.  I was having some trouble getting the Spell Checking functionality of my editor component working today and couldn’t remember what I did on my last install to get it running.  This article is relevant to those of you using JCE for Joomla, TinyMCE, or other derivatives of TinyMCE.  If you have Google Spell checker enabled in the backend and when you go to use the spell checker you get an error about an XML call, double check to make sure you have the following extensions enabled in your php.ini file:

-curl
-mb_string 

3 replies on “Google Spellcheck”

Thanks Josh, i was also getting xml error in spell checker plugin but enabling curl and mb_string in php.ini file removed the alert message.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *